Freezer Meal Ideas
As a new parent, finding time to prepare meals can be a challenge. However, freezer meals are a great way to save time and have a home-cooked meal ready when needed. Here are some easy freezer meals that can help a new mom save time. Many times new parents are eating while holding a baby, so think about foods that can be eaten with one hand.
· Lasagna: Lasagna is a classic freezer meal that can be made in advance and frozen. Prepare the lasagna according to your recipe and freeze it before baking.
· Meatloaf: Meatloaf is another classic freezer meal that can be made in advance and frozen. Prepare the meatloaf according to your recipe, shape into a loaf and wrap it well before freezing.
· Casseroles: Casseroles such as chicken and rice or tuna and noodles are great freezer meals. They can be made in advance, frozen, and then cooked later in the oven.
· Soups and stews: Soups and stews are easy to make in large batches and freeze. They can be thawed and reheated on the stove when you need a quick and easy meal.
· Chili: Chili is an excellent option for a freezer meal. It can be made in advance, frozen, and then reheated on the stove for an easy and satisfying meal.
· Baked goods: Baked goods such as bread, muffins, or cookies can also be frozen. You can have something sweet for an easy breakfast or snack.
· Meal-prepped ingredients: Prepped ingredients such as diced vegetables or marinated meats can be frozen and used later for quick stir-fries or sheet pan meals.
When freezing these meals, use proper containers and labeling to know the contents and the date you prepared them.
Note: If you feel that you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. No posting on this site is intended to be medical advice and should not be a substitute for seeking the advice of a medical professional.